Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Arriving at the MTC


Before dropping off Megan at the MTC we had her "last supper" at Zupas in Provo. Apparently, quite a few other missionary families had the same idea because there were a lot of families in regular clothes with one teenager in a dress or suit. Hmm, I wonder where they are headed? We talked with a few of the families and even met one person who served their mission in Pittsburgh. We then went to the Provo Temple and took pictures. Everything was going pretty smoothly until it came time to leave Megan at the MTC. That was way more difficult than I had thought and there were more tears than I had thought. She handled things a lot better than I did though - I cried like a baby! 


I think that if I could call or text her, it wouldn't be so difficult. The not knowing how she is doing is a big part of why it is so hard! That is when we got a tender mercy. Her companion's second cousin happens to work at the MTC and we were able to get a picture and information the next day. Brynlee was really excited to see that Megan got "her tag". Megan's companion's name is Sister Hartman from Pleasant Grove. Sister Hartman's mom called me up that day and it is amazing how quick we bonded over our daughter's experiences in the MTC. Apparantly, the girls have a lot in common. They both love to have fun, laugh and are both loud. I'm not sure that the MTC is ready for two loud girls to be together! They were made Sister Training Leaders and seem to be getting along well and are happy. She loves the district she is in - she says that they are "the Bomb.com". 

Megan isn't loving the food there but she said that it isn't extremely sloppy or gross either. Their room is on the top floor of their dorm and their classrooms are on the top floor of a different building and so Megan says that they climb A LOT of stairs. There was a bat in one of the dorms and so they had to transfer 600 of the sisters out into other dorms. Her dorm wasn't the one with the bats, but she did say that a bunch of the sisters who were affected by the bats came over into her building.



1 comment:

  1. She looks so beautiful in all these pictures! And I love the name she gave her district- "the Bomb.com". I had a giant smile as I read this post!

    ReplyDelete